A Delightful Inner-City Sanctuary with Countless Attractions on the Doorstep
A fine example of a classic three-bedroom weatherboard residence blending retained character with smart modern updates and the attraction of R3 zoning allowing a myriad of uses. A true bonus in the inner-city, the block enjoys the benefit of prized off-street parking in a fabulous location just 400m from Darby Street.
Brightened inside by afternoon sun, the functional open floorplan is paired with timber floors, a/c and Art Deco ceilings. Outdoor dining and relaxation can be enjoyed on the private side deck or at an assortment of eateries a short stroll away.
Forward thinking buyers may take inspiration from surrounding homes and extend up to add extra living and bedroom accommodation. The corner block with frontage to Council Street provides a blank canvas for a stunning architectural rebuild, while the zoning also allows you to run your business from here (all subject to council approval). Whatever you decide, there’s no denying this property’s combination of location, lifestyle and possibility truly excites.
Every city has a heartland for the arts, culture, and good coffee. For Newcastle, look no further than historic Cooks Hill, just a kilometre south of the CBD. As well as famed Darby Street, the suburb is home to the Newcastle Library and several art galleries, including the council’s flagship gallery on Laman Street. It also boasts some of the city’s best-known parks and is just a stone’s throw from world-class beaches and sought-after schools.
– Air-conditioned open plan living with timber floors and Art Deco ornate ceiling
– Eat-in kitchen fitted with gas cooktop and dishwasher
– Neat full-size bathroom with shower over bath
– All three bedrooms with built-in robes, master with a/c and study nook
– Side courtyard with carport and alfresco entertaining deck
– 600m to Harris Farm Markets, 1100m to Marketown
– Civic Theatre, harbourside Honeysuckle and the university city campus are all easily accessible on foot
– Council St. has undergone a significant upgrade including improvements to the footpath, creation of a bike path, additional parking spaces and the planting of new trees and garden beds
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is obtained from property owners or third-party sources which we believe are reliable. We have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however we cannot guarantee it. All interested person/s should rely on their own enquiries.
Wednesday July 28 @ 09:00 am