Position and Potential are Perfectly Matched in this Shopfront and Dwelling
Superbly positioned in harbourside Carrington, this once local take-away shop and dwelling occupies a prime 310sqm corner landholding that dishes up an array of exciting options. Boasting a versatile floorplan and Light Industrial zoning just 4km from Newcastle city centre, this is a property that is ready to realise the dreams and ambitions of its next owners.
Truly a blank canvas, it’s clear to see the potential in this under-capitalised block, which is currently configured as a four-bedroom, three-bathroom home with two off-street parking spaces.
Once known for its heavy industry, Carrington is alive and buzzing with corner gastro pubs, superb cafes, boutique shops, gyms, specialist practices, and even a gin distillery, cementing this suburb as a proven location for hospitality/retail and investment success.
Whether you choose to run your business from here, re-imagine the home for modern living, add another level, or develop (all subject to council approval), there’s no denying this property is packed with potential and possibility.
– Single level property with brick exterior on 310sqm north facing corner block
– Approx. 12.2m frontage to Cowper Street South x 24.3m frontage to Young Street
– Some original period details inside the home, which would benefit from a full renovation
– IN2 Light Industrial zoning allows for a range of commercial uses (STCA)
– Footsteps to local shops, businesses, eateries, and public school
– Number 24 bus close by for easy commute between Wallsend and Marketown
– 7-minute bike ride to the harbour, city, and multiple beaches Newcastle has to offer
– Carrington has its own unique vibe with a weekly 5km park run and a rowing club on Throsby Creek